Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2011, 05:38 PM
Rookie

I'll try that if I can find someone, thanks Soul. Is there any other way to check CPU stability besides running a stress test?

...and liquid, already did, the result was the system was more stable with two pieces of ram...
Old January 18, 2011, 07:57 AM
Rookie

Update: I don't think it's my CPU...I ran Prime95 for a few hours, and passed quite a few tests without a crash...I upped the voltage of my ram from 1.65 to 1.75, and it's remained pretty solid...hopefully it won't crash again.
Old January 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That is a lot of voltage to be throwing through your RAM, at least for me.

Perhaps since its G.Skill get a hold of their technical support and ask for some configuration advice.
There is never any shame in asking for their help, they were very very good to me when I was setting up my RipJaws on the i7 System, and they gave me a lot of different configurations for running their RAM at all different speed levels.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 18, 2011, 08:22 AM
Rookie

Alright, I'll go ask their support, thanks for the advice! Hopefully they'll be able to solve my problems. And is it really that much voltage?
Old January 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnabb10 View Post
Alright, I'll go ask their support, thanks for the advice! Hopefully they'll be able to solve my problems. And is it really that much voltage?
In all honesty I wouldn't put that much voltage through a system on an AM3 CPU, unless I was benching it. Long term is probably not ideal.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 18, 2011, 09:28 AM
Rookie

Oh no, I'm not putting the voltage on my CPU, I'm putting the voltage on my DRAM.
Old January 18, 2011, 09:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnabb10 View Post
Oh no, I'm not putting the voltage on my CPU, I'm putting the voltage on my DRAM.

Yes, but the IMC is on your CPU and thus is effected by it.

ST

Old January 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
Rookie

Ohh gotcha. Sorry, I only know computers to an extent, my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to troubleshooting.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:14 PM
Rookie

Okay so the problem has progressed! Sometimes, I start up my computer and it will just idle I guess? Well it won't start up but everything will be on...so I have my LCD screen poster that comes with the crosshair III and it gets stuck at DET DRAM...so could this mean that the ram is just incompatible with the board, or the board's slots can't determine the ram because they are faulty?