Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I've been using my G51J for well over a year and HAVE ALWAYS used nv Drivers for my 260M .(I stay away from Asus GPU Drivers)...shouldn't be a problem at all !!

Braineater....you shoud be using the same Mobile Driver as me ...straight from nv 260.99 WHQL (260M or 460M)
Oh I probably will.....(got em dl'd already)

-

Here's the deal :

I'm pretty sure using anything but asus 'approved ' drivers voids the laptop's warrantee.....

Now I realize warantee's have a short lifespan here at HWC , but the warning still stands.

Old January 2, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ No.....not with Audio, Chipset or GPU Drivers and especially with Asus Notebooks ( 3 yr Warranty).

Your ONLY going to use Asus Drivers for certain features of your Notebook, grabbing the ones above straight from the Source will not void your Warranty.

For BIOS Flashing of course your going to go to Asus and Download ;)

Old January 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ No.....not with Audio, Chipset or GPU Drivers and especially with Asus Notebooks ( 3 yr Warranty).

Your ONLY going to use Asus Drivers for certain features of your Notebook, grabbing the ones above straight from the Source will not void your Warranty.

For BIOS Flashing of course your going to go to Asus and Download ;)
My vbios is from a Asus rep on notebookreviews, and my bios is strait from site.

Asus is pretty good with warranties, + I got to memoryexpress for my IPR if shit happens (had to buy IPR since i financed it.

17" Macbook Pro (early 2011 model)
2.2Ghz i7-2720QM | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz | 750gb Toshiba HDD | ATI 6750M 1GB
Old January 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
Trial Member

I have G73JH - best buy version, and I'm getting freeze-ups. I think it is the video drivers because there is nothing in the logs - the laptop just locks up and screen freezes with no HD light flickering. Can you provide the links for the modded Chastity's vbios? I have the latest video driver 8.801.0.0 from 11/25/2010 but that only worked for 2 weeks and same problem again.

Thanks