Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31, 2010, 01:51 PM
Rookie

Default Memory Problems

My computer has been acting very oddly every since I got it. It's a a brand new windows 7PC with 8GB of ram and an i5 processor.

Symptoms:
- Very lowed at times even when doing nothing.
- Has trouble running games (well the games run fine but it will freeze randomly. For example when playing starcraft my computer will freeze in the menus or when i try to exit the game and not when i'm actually playing.).
- Random blue-screens saying the cause is something about my memory
- Windows detected something wrong with my memory and asked me to do there memory diagnosis test but it did not find anything, the icon for the test is still in my start menu.

I have done a fresh re-installation of windows with no luck. Any suggestions on what to do next? It seems to be something with my memory but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Other Symptoms that occur but not as often as the ones listed above:
-After windows freezes or blue-screens it takes 5-10mins for my desktop to load on reboot.
--After windows freezes or blue-screens it asked me on reboot to use start-up repair which cant fix anything. If I just choose skip the repair windows will usually start or it will bluescreen but work fine on the next reboot.

Last edited by NeilGames; December 31, 2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old December 31, 2010, 02:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

Start by running memtest to see if you get errors... If you do, run it on each module individually to isolate the bad one...