Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2010, 08:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default System Crashes when monitors are turned off

It seems for some reason i get the 0x000000003B error code whenever i leave my computer idle to the point where it turns off the monitors. A little while longer (dont time it) the system eventually crashes and restarts itself. The system having this issue my main one, crossfire 6870s where the primary gpu seems to drop to 2d mode and never idle mode as well.
Old December 30, 2010, 09:17 AM
Banned
F@H

disable all the pwoer savings see what gives. possible one of the cards goes into zombie mode.
Old December 30, 2010, 03:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No issues putting the setting to never turn off the monitors. It must be something with the drivers as my primary card idles in 2D mode rather then at idle (the one with 3 monitors hooked to it)
Old December 31, 2010, 06:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I had this problem with a Client build (not the same but similar).
Windows power savings and Sleep mode really aren't that friendly to Custom computers it seems.
When one computer was put to sleep, it wouldn't boot into windows, when it went to sleep on its own, it wouldn't detect windows either.

I personally say turn off all those power management features on W7 and call it a day.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com