Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2010, 10:12 AM
Rookie

Default Haf 922 LED's

I just finished putting together my first build, and dissapointingly enough, it does not work. My case (haf 922) has two led lights on top for power and hard drive, I'm not sure which one is which, but the one that looks like a lightning bolt is red, and the other one is green.
All of my fans are working fine, and everything seems to be good but the bios isn't appearing on the monitor.
Help please?
Old December 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Is the monitor DOA? If everything is running inside the case just fine (all the fans and such) I would sort of think it would be a connection problem with the monitor, try switch it to VGA or HDMI or DVI to one your not using incase something in that area is wrong. Also try another monitor if this one doesn't work or try it on another pc you might have. Possibly try changing out the video card with onboard or a cheap card you may have laying around that works and see if that changes anything.
Old December 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
Top Prospect

Double check that all the necessary power supplies/cables to the mobo and graphic card(s) are connected and secure.

Listing components and attaching a snapshot of the mobo may allow others to quickly spot a problem.
Old December 27, 2010, 04:53 PM
Rookie

Thanks, it turns out I hadn't attactched the 4-pin connector, everything is working fine now :)