Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 24, 2010, 08:59 AM
Rookie
F@H

Default No post after restarting, please help!!!!!

I have had a Q6600 oc to 3.3 ghz on a Asus p5k for 2 yrs now. It was stable and i left it on. Yesterday I restarted the machine due to an software update, right when it got to the post screen i decided to turn it off, so i powered it down by holing the power button. I was never able to get it to post again afterwards. Anyone has any ideas? Please help
Old December 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
MVP

My System Specs

No idea what happened... but try resetting the CMOS and reboot.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
Banned
F@H

so you pushing the power button does nothing? no fans spin, nada?

short the pins on the mobo with a screw driver see if the power button connection thingie has gone. if not, put it together on your table.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:26 AM
Rookie
F@H

THe fan spins, normal sound from hdd, just no post from either of the two video cards i have in there
Old December 24, 2010, 10:09 AM
Banned
F@H

does the fan spin at a constant speed or it changes? constant is no good.

take out both video cards. put them back in. do the above bios reset perhaps
Old December 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
Rookie
F@H

Just an update, it's back up and running like before now, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

There was no post, fans spinning at constant speed. So I took the ram out, put it back in 1 by 1, 2 out of 4 sticks will post, the other 2 won't (at my original overclocked setting). I tried a couple of more times, now the 2 good sticks still post but no bios image, however the fan does spin down and there is video signal, it's just blank.

So I removed the cmos battery, cleared cmos, put all 4 sticks back in, now the computer's back to life at stock settings. I loaded my o/c profile, and now it's back up and running at the original o/c speed completely stable....WTF

Also I think the original hiccup was due to the fact that I had a new USB dell keyboard plugged in while restarting, I find my computer wouldn't restart properly with that thing plugged in, if not black screen, then it gets stuck on "initializing usb controllers" until I unplug it....WTF