Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2010, 09:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Folding Rig blew the circuit

So my folding rig blew the circuit in my room and pressing the reset on the breaker isn't working, I tried swapping out the breaker for a known working one and still no luck.

Any body know what my next coarse of action should be?
Old December 16, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Eletrician ?

Look at the plug it was pluged into

replace it fore good luck anyway .
Old December 16, 2010, 10:56 PM
Top Prospect

If the circuit breaker reset isn't working..you might have to replace the fuse. Definitely call an electrician to check it out.
Old December 17, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock View Post
If the circuit breaker reset isn't working..you might have to replace the fuse. Definitely call an electrician to check it out.

yes call an electrican or some who knows about those things

for the load was 14.5 amps and slow cooked breaker and recepticle

for the future would need a line to your room with 20 amp service just for the folder
Old December 17, 2010, 05:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Unplug things from the sockets that are connected to the circuit - sometimes if there would be a large draw, the circuit won't reset. I had that problem in my basement.. too many damn computers hooked into one circuit. I'd cut the main power to the house too.. but you'll have to let other ppl in the house know, and that you'll have to reset all the damn clocks.. heh.
That's why I moved 3x of my folding rigs to the garage, it's on a separate breaker. That, and the heat issues.

Just remember the magic numbers for 15A breakers.. 1440Watts - get a UPS with wattage readout, or a kilo-watt meter to determine where you're at to run your machines 24/7 safely without tripping breakers all the time.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old December 17, 2010, 05:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Alright I've gone through the fuze box and nothing is wrong there but the 2 lights and 4 outlets on that one circuit are still dead. Since it's an old house with aluminum wiring I think the wiring might have burnt out. I gotta get an electrician in on this one :(
Old December 17, 2010, 06:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Depends on your viewpoint of "old". Aluminium wiring was popular in the 70s - and is perfectly safe.. so long as the recepticle, and breaker is rated for AL, not CU. Copper + Aluminum = sparks and fire.
My old house had AL in the basement, and at some point the owner put in a CU switch.. I was sitting down there watching a movie and drinking with a buddy one night, and sparks started flying across the room from the switch.
I just looked at him "you see that too, right?" then the room went dark. I thought it was pretty funny.. nothing caught fire or anything - I then researched AL and CU house wiring.. heh.

Electrician is the best idea, he/she can tell you specifically what's wrong.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old December 17, 2010, 08:52 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Sad to see that. If the reset is not working as others have mentioned, an electrician is in order.

My folding rigs kill the breaker in my apartment too. But I can just flip the breaker again to get it back on. I fold just bigadvs now until I can find another solution.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Alright I'm running "lightly" no overclocks and no folding with an extension cord until I can get an electrician in.