Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2010, 03:14 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Disk boot failure

Hey everybody I recently got a new 1.5 TB WD green HD to backup all the stuff on my 1TB WD black. I wanted to format the 1TB and keep it as a spare drive but for some reason it would not go through with the format. I just shrugged and popped the drive out cause I wasn't planning on using it for awhile. At my next restart is went I got a disk boot failure error please install cd/dvd. I checked the bios and everything was in order so I though I would retrace my steps so I put the 1TB black back in and everything worked fine. Has anybody run across this problem before? I am using windows 7, 64-bit with a 640 WD black HD as my primary no raid. My computer also hangs on shut down and restart is that a common problem for win 7? Cheers and Thanks
Old November 29, 2010, 11:14 PM
Banned
F@H

ok, so your new 1.5 wd is acting up? if you try it on the same cable as the black and power connector, its probably a goner. hanging up can be an os problem, check the drive with hdtune if you can. just dont load anything on it. pop it in, if it starts and goes to windows(on your os drive with the green as a second drive)
Old November 30, 2010, 07:06 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

All my drives are fine including my new 1.5TB. It is just when i take out my older 1TB WD black that my system won't boot up. My OS is on my other WB black 640 gig drive. Hope that clears things up. Any ideas would be great I'm still confused;p