Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok so here the update thus far. I got a new motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-M68MT-D3, just a little micro guy. I installed into my case and put everything back together. I tried to reload, errored out and failed. Tried agaon, BSOD after install. I ran a MEMTEST, failing RAM. So one of my brand new sticks of RAM is failing..... sweet. I finally get windows installed, Windows 7 HP 64. I dl OCCT right and run it..... locks up. I get mad and restart. I start downloading MS Security Essentials and ATI drivers, locks up. I am ready to just toss the whole thing and get am mac..... lol Well not really, but wtf!!! Any ideas would be greatly apprecaited!
Old October 27, 2010, 03:17 AM
Banned
F@H

something else is failing. swap psu again
Old October 27, 2010, 08:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

will do that today and let you know how it goes. thank you again!
Old October 27, 2010, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

it was the PSU!! Stupid Antec 850..... I hope their warranty doesn't suck. Thank you guys so much.... I have so much RMAing to do now though =(
Old October 27, 2010, 04:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok i lied its still doing it even with another PSU. I tried my CPU in another machine and it seemed to work find. If I run Prime95 using the "mainly cpu with little ram" it runs with no issue. If I run prime 95 in the blended mode (lots of ram) freezes up fast. It's driving my crazy!!!
Old October 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This could be a ram issue. Check to make sure you're using the proper voltage and use the blend test with just one stick at a time. Maybe a bad stick?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old November 6, 2010, 07:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

i get the exact problem with pretty much the same board, at first i thought it was my memory, so i swapped my G-skill stick at my local computer shop for a different model of G skill i and i still get the odd error running blend test, also i cant even overclock my cpu at 4ghz or over with other boards i have used with this cpu it was stable, sorry to over ride this thread i hope this helped