Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2010, 01:03 PM
MVP

Default scroll page makes noise from inside case

when surf the web, scrolling up and down makes weird noise coming from inside the computer case. lid off and put ear to hear, not sure if the noise is from cpu or video card.

it happend once like this on my old celeron computer and my other modern computer long ago but it just go away.

i check temps and every component is at 40s degree. which is not so hot. what cause the problem?

oopz:
turns out the noise is coming from the 5.1 surround sound speaker. when scroll page it makes noise from the speaker. why is that? should i be concern? is this a big issue that effects the computer?

Last edited by hohohee; July 28, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old July 28, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

simply interference from any of your onboard devide to your onboard audio chip. A sound card would fix the issue. This is very common issue.
Old July 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
simply interference from any of your onboard devide to your onboard audio chip. A sound card would fix the issue. This is very common issue.

what do you mean when you said simply interference from any of your onboard devide to your onboard audio chip?

i do have sound card. soundblaster live! 24bit basic one installed.

what can i do?
Old July 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

because you CPU GPU etc are using electricity and she radiate on other component ( normally only on the onboard one ) and the sound card capt this and make signal out of it. Most of the time a external sound card ( pci or PCI-e 1X) is enough to clear this issue but since you already have one then I'm clueless...
Old July 28, 2010, 02:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
because you CPU GPU etc are using electricity and she radiate on other component ( normally only on the onboard one ) and the sound card capt this and make signal out of it. Most of the time a external sound card ( pci or PCI-e 1X) is enough to clear this issue but since you already have one then I'm clueless...
you mean my other components is using much electricity?

also i watched king of the hill and hank said "you are using 5 plugs in one power surge? aw.." something like that. its like he saying it is not good for using much plugs in one power surge outlet. is this true? if so, what could the negative effect be? i been pluging like 4 plug in one outlet...

could it be plugging too much plugs in one outlet cause the weird noise?
Old July 28, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

the noise you are hearing is electrical feedback and can be associated with improper EFI shielding or lack of a good ground.
Old July 28, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
the noise you are hearing is electrical feedback and can be associated with improper EFI shielding or lack of a good ground.
Exactly what I mean in clear word
Old July 29, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, sounds like you're getting blitter noise - your sound circuits/cables are picking up electrical interference from your computer.

Do you have external amplifier powering your speakers? If so, take a look at the input cable to the amplifier - it could be getting interference and then boosting it to audible levels.
Old July 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
so that means a computer that isn't grounded with the 3rd prong would make this noise when scrolling? (it happens to my dad's P4 which isn't grounded by the 3rd prong)
Old August 3, 2010, 04:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Yeah, sounds like you're getting blitter noise - your sound circuits/cables are picking up electrical interference from your computer.

Do you have external amplifier powering your speakers? If so, take a look at the input cable to the amplifier - it could be getting interference and then boosting it to audible levels.
my 5.1 surround sound system has an amplifier that came with it. no idea if it counts as external.

is this a big issue? does it interfere with computer performance? how to get rid of it?