Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2010, 07:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default windows live issues

having a very annoyin issue with msn windows live whatever u wanna call it.When the misses signs in and goes to her mail it looks normal and runs like it always did,but when i sign in and go to email i get a completey diff email page..showin my space and profile and all that garbage,and when i go to check my mail it puts my messenger on availble(i always keep it offline) my display pic disapears and it chances what ever name i put on display to my full name and it displays a status message i had in my profile maybe about 6 yrs ago.......this is drivin me nuts. anyone know how to stop my hotmail from signing into this whole prfile/space crap and just go to regular hotmail..mine looks like this
but i want it back to this
its not a big problem just a real big annoyance.don't really care how it looks,but the whole thing with signing in my messenger everytime i go to check my mail.........i know osome gonna say don't use hotmail use this or that.I do but for what i use the must in email i use hotmail and i want it normal
Old July 28, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

Options - Windows Live looks to me that facebook has turned on social updates on your live account

Sign In

Welcome to Windows Live

Last edited by KaptCrunch; July 28, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old July 28, 2010, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

There's no going back to the old version. Looks like you just got transitioned earlier.

And yeah, go through ALL the options. There's a boat load. In it you'll find various security/privacy settings. Not sure if you can stop messenger from auto-signing in though. Click Messenger up at the top and see.

Live/MS is trying really hard to make it into a cohesive system with single sign-on. Kind of like Google. Only that Live has way more sub-pages and services IMO.