Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2010, 03:01 PM
Rookie

Default Windows 7 will not boot :(

Hey guys,

I thought I may as well post my issue as a last resort to get some feedback before deciding to format my partition.

So the oddest thing happened, my OS was running smoothly till a couple days ago where i decided to do a restarted due to the processes consuming my CPU usage. Initially I thought it was nothing as I have done it before, but this time it BSOD after the glowing logo, restarts and loops Now I cannot fix this problem after few days of troubleshooting.

I have attempting the following with no results:
1) repair startup with boot DVD
2) replacing the classpnp.sys as it hunged during the loading process in boot mode.
3) installing windows on top of my current windows
4) load default in BIOS

Researching gave me no results. Im out of options at this point, so if you guys can provide me some feedback or options, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 16, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What about safe mode? (don't see it in your list)

I know my motherboard + Win7 has a bug in that I can't initiate a CHKDSK if any peripherals are connected to my computer... try disconnecting ALL peripherals (e.g. everything PS/2, USB, firewire, ESATA, etc) and try to boot. If your motherboard doesn't like starting with no keyboard, you can keep the keyboard plugged in until Windows starts to boot.
Old July 16, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fix a Broken or Missing Bootloader in Windows 7 -- The Official Christopher Heiser Home Page
has work out problems in the past. good luck

edit ??? have you tried different storage devices.
Old July 23, 2010, 10:44 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately I was too fed up that I just reformatted and reinstalled 7.
Old July 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Do system image

Image your os on anouther drive with imigeing software. you can restore compleatly to last back up.

there is couple of posts on witch to use.
Old July 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I had this problem when there was unsupported drivers. It would cause windows to loop infinitely. Luckily at the time i had system restore enabled, rolled it back before a driver install i did and problem solved
Old July 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Image your os on anouther drive with imigeing software. you can restore compleatly to last back up.

there is couple of posts on witch to use.
lol Probably be best if I did that since I always find someway to mess it up. "Oh look...hmmm interesting, what would happen if i did...damn it!"