Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Default Pc Start up Problem

Ok so when ever i go to start up the pc i hear this awful noise the pc boots fine its just everytime i hear the noise at the front were i only have one harddrive and i have restart it to make it go away its like like click click noise when the computer is idle for hours i hear a ringing noise coming from the hdd its high then a low pitch then it]decides to make the same noise i just recently cleaned the powersupply and i just wondering if it is the hdd cuase i had some issues in the spring with it before i ran the WD lifeguard diagnostics and the drive passed i did it yet again and it passed this problem is annoying thank you in advance
Old November 24, 2007, 01:32 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Sounds like your HD is getting ready to take a dump all over your data. Back up while you can.
Old November 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
Rookie

ok thanks for the reply so how do i back up if i only got one single HD if i were to get another HD how would i setup so i hook it up then do i configure it in the bios then format it using defrager in xp then after that wat do i do install XP ? i actually just have art i done and thats the only data and some 100 pictures but i put them on the thumb drive i have and the art uploaded it to a site
Old November 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
Top Prospect

Use Acronis Migrate. It is the best and easiest to use and its free for 15 days while you only need it for one so.

You can copy your entire HDD to a new one. OS and all. It perfectly copies or clones (whatever you want to call it) the entire HDD to a new one.

This is the best software I have ever used for this purpose. I know I sound like a spokesman for them, of course I'm not. I just used this and it is super easy.

All you have to do is hook them up on the same pc and away you go.

Acronis Migrate Easy - Reviews and free Acronis Migrate Easy downloads at Download.com
Old November 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I second the vote for the acronis trial software.

It's the first one I've used that made transfering to another HD completely painless.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 26, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I second the vote for the acronis trial software.

It's the first one I've used that made transfering to another HD completely painless.
Yeah I used it when I transfer to my Seagate, worked flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton