Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2007, 09:21 PM
Rookie

Default How to change aspect ratio for widescreen

So I got a new 22" widescreen monitor. Only thing is that in real player I cant change the aspect ratio to 16:10. I can do it in VLC but I have to keep changing it with each file. Is there something that can make all my video files become full screen?
Old June 26, 2010, 11:41 PM
Rookie

Default Aspect Ratio

there is a little but useful software, that i personally found good, is called Aspect Ratio video resizer
You can try it, it is flexible enough to support also the conversion to 16:10 i guess
Old June 27, 2010, 11:54 PM
Rookie

Change media player?

I would say if you're media player requires an additional software to make use of what you're asking, other than codec, change it.

Media players today should be about to display all types of format and in all sizes, even if it gives you the worst quality. Though for some, like WMP, its about quality display. For something like full screening a video clip shouldn't be an issue at all for media players like KMplayer, VLC, and some others which I haven't used nor know of. All best of all, they're free source.

Good luck.
Old July 16, 2010, 10:05 AM
Rookie

i know only one way to do that properly,
i will not post the link because it's a commercial software but you can look for it, the name is Aspect Ratio Video Resizer
So far is the best one i found, i do not think it's too expensive since many video resizers or aspect ratio modifiy software are much more expensive and usually run with a 1 year license, this is a one license for ever. good luck in your search
Old July 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog88 View Post
Change media player?

I would say if you're media player requires an additional software to make use of what you're asking, other than codec, change it.

Media players today should be about to display all types of format and in all sizes, even if it gives you the worst quality. Though for some, like WMP, its about quality display. For something like full screening a video clip shouldn't be an issue at all for media players like KMplayer, VLC, and some others which I haven't used nor know of. All best of all, they're free source.

Good luck.
I agree, if the media player does not support what you want without loads of trouble then just move on. That is why I went to VLC as my primary media player.
Old July 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I use media player classic (I hate vlc), and I can change the aspect ratio with the arrow on my numpad. Up arrow expand the video at vertical, down arrow reduce it. Right arrow expand it at horizontal, left reduce it. With that I can choose exactly what size fit the video I'm watching.