Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2010, 03:20 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default [SOLVED]Uninstall Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey i recently installed Luci Lynx on pc, at the time i had two hard drives connected one primary drive for os and one secondary for media. i realized that it installed some other files and folders on my second hard drive along with my other files. I did a fresh install of windows 7 on my primary, enabled "show hiden files and folders options" to delete the folders but only one popped up and i'm pretty sure there were at least 4 folders ubuntu installed on my second drive. I remembered one folder called "boot" so i typed it in and sure enough it was there, i tried to delete it but i won't let me, it's a hidden folder and would not let me unhide, i tried to change the permissions to allow but it says "access denied".
Does anyone know what i can do about deleting this folder? also what other folders should i be looking for? i know it would be easier to format the drive but it just isn't an option right now.
Oh also i'm missing around 12GB of space.

Turns out windows cannot read linux/ubuntu files, the reason why it installed some info. on a seperate drive i haven't a clue why. had to reformat drive.

Last edited by mjbdc07; June 18, 2010 at 09:34 AM.