Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2010, 11:41 PM
Top Prospect

Default Gigabyte P55A-UD3 won't boot up

There's a problem guys. For some odd reason, my motherboard is now stuck hanging in the POST screen.

So this is what happened. Earlier today, I put Windows 7 on my USB flash disk to install on my computer. I went to the BIOS to change the boot order to USB HDD, but for some odd reason the motherboard won't recognize the flash drive and boot from it. So I went to the hard drive boot list to change the order so that the USB flash drive is on top of my SSD. Once I restarted the computer, everything booted up fine and Windows 7 proceeded to install. Once the installation was completed, the computer restarted as normal, but now it just hangs after the POST screen. It's at the Serial ATA AHCI BIOS list and it shows the first device on controller bus#00, which is my blu-ray reader. It just hangs right there. It doesn't list the SSD or any other components. I tried to press "delete" to access the BIOS, but it doesn't work. I restarted the computer many times and even removed the flash drive, but the mobo will attempt to load, but it'll eventually get stuck on that screen.

So what do I do right now?
Old June 8, 2010, 05:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

un plug the blu-ray reader. and try it with nothing but the ssd and the usb flash . if this does not work then clear CMOS adn start it with just the ssd and usb stick. but i think it's your blue-ray from what it sounds like.
Old June 8, 2010, 02:59 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
un plug the blu-ray reader. and try it with nothing but the ssd and the usb flash . if this does not work then clear CMOS adn start it with just the ssd and usb stick. but i think it's your blue-ray from what it sounds like.
Why would you say that? There were no problems before when I installed Windows 7 from a disc.
Old June 10, 2010, 03:47 AM
Top Prospect

Help?
Old June 10, 2010, 05:40 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'm going to voice what was previously said: unplug all SATA devices and see what happens. It could be the system is looking for a boot disk where there is none.
Old June 10, 2010, 05:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think it's stuck at the blue-ray unplug every thing. then boot board to see if you can get into the bios if you can let it run in there for a few mins, then start to plug things back in 1 at a time.

then when it stops working you have found the problem. I think it's a peripheral. funny things is i do this all day long trouble shoot ( and i hate it) here to help

"bus#00, which is my blu-ray reader. It just hangs right there". this is why when every a peripheral hangs there a communication ( it's not talking to the board or vice versa ) this is my thinking from what you have said.
Old June 10, 2010, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

I'll try that later tonight. Is it odd that my Gigabyte P55A-UD3 didn't came with a jumper? How am I suppose to reset the CMOS settings as well? I think I have to do that in order to resolve all potential issues with my mobo. Someone told me to consider removing the CMOS battery, but I'm not sure how to do that. Also, how do I put it back in after taking it out?
Old June 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

There's a little clip thingy, push it back and the button battery will pop right out. Get a conductive object and short the cmos clear jumpers. Wait 10 seconds, push the battery back in.
Old June 10, 2010, 03:33 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
There's a little clip thingy, push it back and the button battery will pop right out. Get a conductive object and short the cmos clear jumpers. Wait 10 seconds, push the battery back in.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.
Old June 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Alright then, I'll simplify it down a bit more for you
-look at the battery
-push back the metal clip holding it in place
-catch it when it pops out, place it aside
-short the CMOS clear jumper with a conductive object for 10 seconds
-push battery back in with the text facing up and rough side down
-done :)