Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2010, 07:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Xbox 360 controller doesn't work in

I have a wired 360 controller and it doesn't work in my front USB ports. Works fine in the rear ones. External hard drives and such work in the front ports as well, just the controller that doesn't. I switch the controller from 360 to PC pretty often, so using it on the front ports would be awesome. Could it be a lack of power issue?

Btw, device manager says "device cannot start (code 10)" and all the lights on the controller's home button flash.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message: "device cannot start (code 10)"

mite be the faster usb port is on the rear, know your MB manual to see if can use faster usb by changing front usb port plug on MB

if not you can use a usb hub/extension plugged in rear port an have usb female end handy in front of case
Old May 22, 2010, 09:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah I have a USB extension cable around here somewhere, that's probably what I'll do.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think it should be a power issue... I don't think a 360 controller uses that much juice (though I could be wrong). That's weird though, maybe device manager is having issues with your front ports in general? (even though your HD works from it)