Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2010, 08:20 AM
Rookie

Default System Fan Failed

What What?! Me again, this time no much of a problem but more of I'd like to know your opinions on this. I had an HP Pavilion a6552f which came with a shitty ass case. Only had a CPU fan and a fan connected to the motherboard.

Now that I have an Antec 300, I have one fan in the back, two fans (which were optional but I still got them) in the front, one fan on top, and my PSU fan on the bottom. I decided that I would just remove that garbage fan connected to the CPU since I already have more fans than before. The problem is now, I have an error which is ERROR: System Fan Failed... prsss f2 to continue. If I plug it back in error is gone when I reboot.

Should I put that fan back in? If so, I don't have anymore room so where should I put it. If not, where do I go to remove that error message? Probably BIOS but how do I exactly remove that message.

BTW, thank you in advance for the great support this website gives by its users :P
Old May 20, 2010, 08:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So you're running the system without a fan on your heat sink?
Old May 20, 2010, 08:39 AM
MVP

now i know what dang is talking about.

dude, even if there was a bios setting to null the error message, you can't expect to passively cool your CPU with something that wasn't designed to. you're going to cook your cpu or it'll shut itself down on you.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This was exactly my thought and why i asked him if he is trying to run his system without fan on his heat sink. Unless the system is designed to be passively cooled, which right now is mainly the atom systems, your computer/cpu will fry if you try to passively cool and run it
Old May 20, 2010, 08:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
So you're running the system without a fan on your heat sink?
No no no.... I have the original stock fan on the heatsink but in the other case there was also another stock fan that was plugged onto the mobo. Will show on picture.

Original case:

Not sure if you guys can see the fan at the end but that would was plugged into my mobo. Now a quick solution of mine was to plug one of the fans in front into the same place where that second fan was plugged into.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:57 AM
MVP

i see. then if your BIOS does not have something like a "cool and quiet" option somewhere,which i doubt an HP POS would have, the sys fan header needs something plugged into it,simple.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
i see. then if your BIOS does not have something like a "cool and quiet" option somewhere,which i doubt an HP POS would have, the sys fan header needs something plugged into it,simple.
Okay thanks, so putting the front fan there would be okay?
Old May 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep thats fine