Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
Rookie

Default Mobo and case problem

I recently purchased an Antec 300 for my HP Pavlion 16552f since I've been doing quite a lot of upgrades on it. My mobo is a micro-ATX and I noticed that it doesnt fit in the case though it's suppose to be backwards compatible. I noticed the reason for this is that the Antec 300 case has more holes for usbs then my previous case and on my mobo I have a VGA which the Antec 300 case does not have room for.

I was curious, is it possible to remove that the piece for the mobo and replace it with my old one. I know I'm not precised but not sure what that piece is called. If so how would I do this?

Basically, if you look at that picture, I want to remove the thingy that the arrows are pointing backwards.

Edit: I thought about pushing it from the outside but not sure if its screwed or whatnot.

Last edited by Scripter; May 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You can pop it in towards the inside, it's held in by small metal tabs. My Compaq was the same. However, in my case, it was REALLY tight and took a lot of force to push it out. Just push along the edges on the outside and it should start to come off.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old May 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
You can pop it in towards the inside, it's held in by small metal tabs. My Compaq was the same. However, in my case, it was REALLY tight and took a lot of force to push it out. Just push along the edges on the outside and it should start to come off.
That what I did thanks. Stupid HP, they made it so its snaps onto and I cant make it snap. Without it snaping I can screw my mobo :@ Thank god I dont do business with HP anymore!
Old May 19, 2010, 11:20 AM
Banned
F@H

well, whenever you buy from the ieks of the big names, expect stuff to be/potentially propietary

nothing new. if it doesnt hold on properly, what happens when you install the mobo 'into' it? does it push it and stays or it fingles around? if so, dont use it
Old May 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well, whenever you buy from the ieks of the big names, expect stuff to be/potentially propietary

nothing new. if it doesnt hold on properly, what happens when you install the mobo 'into' it? does it push it and stays or it fingles around? if so, dont use it
I cant "snap" it in. What Im taking is taking all the little snapping pins and bending them. I'll see if it'll work or not.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

lay your back I/O header's face to face and see if any difference between the old/new. then make adjustments
Old May 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

time a screw driver and some banging it always works for me it will go in just need some negotiation
Old May 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Or just don't use it? The back IO panel isn't exactly required to be there in order for your PC to work...