Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
Rookie

I think I'm making progress. When I put the switch to on from my power supply and I try to turn power on the mobo lights ups green. Though, still no sign from my power supply.
Old May 15, 2010, 05:31 PM
Banned
F@H

and you tried another psu right? if you smell things around, burnt or anything? or any funny smell?
Old May 15, 2010, 05:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
and you tried another psu right? if you smell things around, burnt or anything? or any funny smell?
I did do another test with another PSU. I think it has something to do with CUSL2 System Panel Connectors.

On page
http://www.motherboards.org/files/ma.../cusl2-102.pdf

It is indicated on Page 42 that Power led is the 3 first one on the left but I only have a green and white.

I also have a red and black wire that is not plugged into anything which is from some sort of 0.5W magnet which I've never seen before (I mean i've never seen something like this in other cases)
Old May 15, 2010, 09:32 PM
Banned
F@H

just to resume. this is not your main system, but an old old one that you put in your new case and now its borked right?
Old May 16, 2010, 07:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
just to resume. this is not your main system, but an old old one that you put in your new case and now its borked right?
Technically, I put a very old old system in a new case to see if it would work it did and now I want to put it in the original case and the power just wont turn on.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:08 AM
Banned
F@H

ok. so either something fried midway or you are still doing something wrong.

i say leave it be for now, concentrate on the new build. that one is coming along ok?
Old May 16, 2010, 11:00 AM
Rookie

Quote:
ok. so either something fried midway or you are still doing something wrong.

i say leave it be for now, concentrate on the new build. that one is coming along ok?
Thanks for your time, really appreciate it. I know for sure though it's not the power supply. Only thing I could have fried would be the motherboard. The new build/upgrade is coming along good, getting new pieces here and there.
Old May 16, 2010, 03:32 PM
Banned
F@H

good about new build
didnt do anything to help you, really.

without swapping stuff out, it can be anything(less chances on cpu usally)
Old May 16, 2010, 04:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
good about new build
didnt do anything to help you, really.

without swapping stuff out, it can be anything(less chances on cpu usally)
I did all I could really, I took all pieces out and tested one by one and it's still nothing. Green led on motherboard is on power supply green led is on though no fans powers up. I'm assuming, and assuming is all I'm doing, that it has to do with the power led cause the green led doesn't even turn green when I push the power. I might have mixed the leds up though I wrote on paper exactly where they went. I said thank you because you took the time trying to help :P
Old May 17, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripter View Post
I did do another test with another PSU. I think it has something to do with CUSL2 System Panel Connectors.

On page
http://www.motherboards.org/files/ma.../cusl2-102.pdf

It is indicated on Page 42 that Power led is the 3 first one on the left but I only have a green and white.

I also have a red and black wire that is not plugged into anything which is from some sort of 0.5W magnet which I've never seen before (I mean i've never seen something like this in other cases)
sounds to me thats the cmos speaker, make sure is hooked up so you can hear if any errors while booting
Attached Images