Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default nvid 680i mb fails to

yesterday I switched out motherboards and posted in a separate post here Finnaly swiched motherboards around
\
today I put my nvid 680i motherboard into the case and connected everything back up but I am getting nothing, when I first pushed the power button the cpu fan started and then stopped , so I looked at the LED but it seems to not have power but there is a little blue light that is on so my baord must be getting power.
I since have disconnected all the hard drives pulled the ram disconnected everything except for the two power cables that plug into the board ,also have the mother board out of the case sitting onto of a pillow and I still have now LED reading when I push on the power button I hear the PSU click and the blue light that is on my mother board does light.
I am stuck I have know idea what is wrong the mother board was working flawlessly yesterday before Ipulled it.
does anyone have any suggestions?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:41 AM
Banned
F@H

reset cpu,ram etc. try same psu. if it fails, and thsoe parts work elsewhere, rip? :)

that or do a complete bios reset.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damm now I have a lapped e8400 and a case 3870x2 that need a new mother board grrr