Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default TRIM in IDE

In AHCI, any sound coming from my speakers skips/cracks every few seconds. Switching to IDE solve that, but I want to know if trim run in IDE mode, automatically or at least manually with the Intel SSD toolbox. I don't want to choose between sound cracks or no TRIM.
Old May 5, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
In AHCI, any sound coming from my speakers skips/cracks every few seconds. Switching to IDE solve that, but I want to know if trim run in IDE mode, automatically or at least manually with the Intel SSD toolbox. I don't want to choose between sound cracks or no TRIM.
You'll have to manually wipe the cells. However, I'd try and find a fix to your issue first. What mobo? Are you on a Jmicron controller? Have you disabled all the SATA ports you aren't using?
Old May 5, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

790X-UD4P, my drives are running from the southbridge, none from the Jmicron controller. I'm going to try your suggestion, see if it work.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmmm, just switch back to AHCI, the cracks are gone, weird.