Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2010, 08:12 PM
MVP

Default Toshiba Satellite Laptops

I don't know if anyone has even used or owned a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, but I find the hard drive they use in them garbage. Its like the hard drive freezes a lot, even on a brand new Toshiba Satellite. My brother-in-law had a Toshiba Satellite and the hard drive would seem to freeze a lot and even my neighbours Toshiba Satellite, which I am reformatting, has the same issue.

Anyone know if this is a common issue with these laptops?

"The peppers fired a warning shot. Some were so loud and echoing that I was later told a few folks in
other aisles had ducked, fearing that someone was robbing the store and firing off a shotgun."
Old May 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

**** BLANK

i tried to post a nice response, but Satellites are garbage. I hope all you Satellite users learned your lesson.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pulse View Post
I don't know if anyone has even used or owned a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, but I find the hard drive they use in them garbage. Its like the hard drive freezes a lot, even on a brand new Toshiba Satellite. My brother-in-law had a Toshiba Satellite and the hard drive would seem to freeze a lot and even my neighbours Toshiba Satellite, which I am reformatting, has the same issue.

Anyone know if this is a common issue with these laptops?
My Girlfriend has one and the DVD burner is shot on it. It can raed a CD/DVD, it can burn a CD, but cant burn a DVD anymore - previously it could. Also, I find that they have a huge ammount of bloatware on them.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
**** BLANK

i tried to post a nice response, but Satellites are garbage. I hope all you Satellite users learned your lesson.
Sure did, I have two paperweights.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
**** BLANK

A couple of these have crossed my path at work and each and everyone has been junk. Everyone has some sort of an issue, from CD/DVD drives not working to bloatware caused blue screens and hard drive issues.

Actually the more I think about it I think I still have one in my office that no one has come back to get, hmm I wonder why?

Old May 4, 2010, 10:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I haven't had a problem with the 2 satellites I used, and if I remember correctly they had the second lowest failure rate, after ASUS.

As you are describing, yes, the HDD's are garbage because they likely ARE toshiba drives. Test results I saw showed they performed quite bad. Reliability wise I can't say anything good, aside from not injuring myself on the drive.