Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2010, 07:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Green Video in Youtube

Hi guys,

When I play some youtubes videos it looks like this the whole time though audio works just fine. The odd thing is it happens to videos seemingly randomly; some videos will play image and audio perfectly. This only started happening after I installed my new video card, which is running on Catalyst 10.4. I made sure to uninstall all old nVidia drivers. What to do?

Old April 29, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Update drivers

Try updating your drivers to latest. Update Java to Latest. Update Adobie to latest.

Or media player rights recording.
Old April 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do you get the same results with an older driver?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old April 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hi guys, I updated everything and rolled back to Catalyst 103. No dice. I'll try a few more drivers.
Old April 30, 2010, 01:45 AM
HaDeS

video codec?
Old May 1, 2010, 12:19 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Have CCCP installed. If it were video codec I would have no idea what it could be.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys but I just gave up and reformatted
Old May 1, 2010, 06:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hi Bovine I had a similar problem awhile back with the 10.3 preview driver here's what I post
Quote:
First off driver installed without problem and I tried a few games with no issues, however later while I was in the off topic section here someone posted a funny youtube video and the moment I clicked on it I got a green screen for the video and a Driver Failed And Was Restarted Error or something to that affect? Tried clicking on the vid again and this time PC locked up, so I restated and just to make sure this was repeatable and not some fluke I tried again with same result.

After rebooting again I uninstalled the driver through ATIís driver install package which has an uninstall function, then reinstalled 10.2 and tried again and to my surprise had the same problem? (Note: rebooted between each step in case someone was wondering)
So finally resorted to driver cleaner and reinstalled 10.2 again and finally got flash video working again.

Now it must be noted Iím running the Beta GPU accelerated version of Flash 10.1 and a recent fresh install of Win7 and I rarely have any problems with ATI drivers so something between the beta version of flash and preview driver? Or something particular with my system.
I also got the green screen with this. Anyway the final 10.3 worked but I don't think there was any difference from the preview drivers? And the finale 10.4 drivers also worked, not sure whats going on but Flash seems to be the link? Maybe Steve Jobs is right about Flash then again...
Old May 1, 2010, 07:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

try another browser. every one cries about ati drivers i have not once in 7 years of being an ati whore had a single problem with there driver most of the time it another update. it mounts up too hundreds and hundreds of cards without one problem. jmo
Old May 2, 2010, 10:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for that, TopDog. It was the driver for me too, though reformatting fixed the green video the system became unstable and I would get crashing and GSODs. I had the display driver installed without catalyst and installed the full software suite from ATI seems to have made every just peachy.

EDIT: The problem began again after a while, this time drivers and updating CCC didn't fix it. In the end, I had to turn off hardware acceleration by right clicking on the video, going to settings, the first tab, then unchecking "Enable hardware acceleration."

Last edited by bovine.baron; July 15, 2010 at 05:45 PM.