Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 08:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to OC and try.....

Here's what I'd do. Disconnect all but boot HDD, and remove all but one ram stick. If it boots, start adding drives and RAM one at a time.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I haven't tried either, though i dont see how a cpu oc should effect windows from booting if a linux distro will (and those are loaded completely into ram).
Don't think, just do.
Old April 28, 2010, 09:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll try some of this stuff tomorrow when i'm back 'home', currently visiting the girlfriend out in kitchener
Old April 28, 2010, 12:07 PM
Rookie

I had a similar issue with my new Asus G73 laptop recently. Turned out to be an issue with the Creative software for the sound card. The only remedy was to boot into safe mode and remove all creative software. Before the lock ups, the computer ran just fine. It was after I went into the software to look at the settings that I had the lock up issues.

Not sure if this will apply to you or not, but figured I'd throw it out there.
Old April 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not sure if this may help but here you go Fix a Broken or Missing Bootloader in Windows 7 -- The Official Christopher Heiser Home Page
Old April 28, 2010, 12:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm it 'could' be the wireless adapter software i installed, as its the only thing that has changed. I may try a system restore before the install of the drivers to see if this fixes the issues or not. Thanks Takkyu
Old April 29, 2010, 03:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Update on the situation for those whom were interested. It turned out to be a driver issue with an old wireless g pci card i had installed. Rolling back to before i installed it everything works as before.

to takkyu for giving me the advice in the pm
Old April 30, 2010, 12:48 AM
HaDeS

sweet good job!