Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2010, 07:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmrush View Post
On that note, I'll just continue this here: I've tried setting up a separate partition (this was years ago and I didn't look too much into it) to do just that, but I noticed a lot of things installing the to program files folder without asking me. This ended up with a tiny cramped partition, filled with games that wouldn't install to my data partition... hmm
A lot of installers these days have express and custom or advanced options. The express option will install to the default directory with default settings, but if you want to install to somewhere else, pick the other option and you'll be able to choose where to put it.
Old April 26, 2010, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Looking at this I would almost have to say that since you are getting straight shutdowns it could have something to do with changing the video cards, mainly it is possible that something is not seated right or maybe you have caused a short. This could cause pretty much all of your issues. So to get around that I would blow out everything with some air and take it all out and re-seat it all. Double check all cables and make sure there are no shorts happening.

You can also take a look in the event viewer and see if there is anything in there. That could maybe help us out for figuring this one out.
in the past i've seen slot pins lost tension on connection, take a safety pin an re-arc them by sticking in small square hole outter edge an move safety pin outward to 45 degree angle an push pin keeping same angle while watching copper pin (bowing) so not to push out of resting place in square hole
Attached Images

Old April 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

did you remove the nvidia driver completely using driversweeper (or others) in safe mode??? nvidia and ati drivers dont go along very well..
Old April 26, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
did you remove the nvidia driver completely using driversweeper (or others) in safe mode??? nvidia and ati drivers dont go along very well..
Read up. He said he did.