Trial Member

Default First custom system, hd error Can't install Xp or vista

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ATX LGA775 P35
2gb pariot 800 ddr2 ram
e2180 dual core
400watts forton powersuplie
ide samsumg hardrive
ide LG dvd drive

Hi i have a very big problem with this board. I can't intall windows. First of all i have 250 gb hardrive witch connects to IDE and i also have a cd Drive that conect to IDE. The problem is i have to connect both ide things but there is only one output for ide on the board. I used the ide wire with 2 ends to conect both with the same wire but when i get to vista installation i get and eror. I see the hardrives partitiopn but i can't use them because it say connot use drive, make sure disk controller is enable in bios.

I Conected the hardrive on master and the dvd drive on slave. I the bios i see bothe Hd as master and Dvd as slave. Is there an option to enable "Disk Cotroller" because the error says to enable disk contrller in bios. I tries downloading Windows Xp and it intalls but when time comes to restart, i get an error saying "Connot boot, isert bootable CD\DVD :".
Old November 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It sounds like VISTA needs a driver for the IDE controller. You may need to tell vista during the install that you have additional drivers and let it install it via a floppy disk.
Here is a good help article that goes over some similar issues that may be causing your problem:
You cannot select or format a hard disk partition when you try to install Windows Vista

Another thing is did you set the Jumpers on the back of the hard drive to MASTER and the CD drive to SLAVE?
IS the hard drive formatted properly? It will show up in bios but you will need to format it before vista/xp can be installed to it.

As for the XP issue:
When you say " i downloaded" XP...is it a legally pressed XP cd? If not...good luck getting your "warez" to work 'cause I can't/won't help you.

Thats just a few things off the top of my head that may help.

Good luck!
AkG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zffarooq View Post
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ATX LGA775 P35
2gb pariot 800 ddr2 ram
e2180 dual core
400watts forton powersuplie
ide samsumg hardrive
ide LG dvd drive

Hi i have a very big problem with this board. I can't intall windows. First of all i have 250 gb hardrive witch connects to IDE and i also have a cd Drive that conect to IDE. The problem is i have to connect both ide things but there is only one output for ide on the board. I used the ide wire with 2 ends to conect both with the same wire but when i get to vista installation i get and eror. I see the hardrives partitiopn but i can't use them because it say connot use drive, make sure disk controller is enable in bios.

I Conected the hardrive on master and the dvd drive on slave. I the bios i see bothe Hd as master and Dvd as slave. Is there an option to enable "Disk Cotroller" because the error says to enable disk contrller in bios. I tries downloading Windows Xp and it intalls but when time comes to restart, i get an error saying "Connot boot, isert bootable CD\DVD :".
Make sure the hard drive is setup as "Master and the optical as "Slave" and the hard drive is on the first connector and the optical on the 2nd.

You don't need any drivers as windows should find it perfectly fine.