Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have the actual vid drivers installed or did win7 install them automatically? if win7 installed you could download the latest drivers for the card, uninstall the vid drivers delete the viddrivers folder then reboot and install the new video drivers to see if that works.
I am thinking that it is a vidcard driver thing, because that is a newer vid card and maybe the drivers are not loading until a certain point. what I mean is the order might be something like load windows sound then a couple of other things then videocard driver which would make sense. so try a repair install.
Old April 14, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

I don't even think video drivers aren't even loaded yet at that point.

I'd take Zero's suggestion and run furmark or something related on the GPU to see if it's hardware related.

....otherwise, as Jake said, does it matter all that much? If things are stable within windows 7, I'd just leave it. trying to fix it might just make it worse.
Old April 14, 2010, 10:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Put monitor cable in other DVI port.
Old April 14, 2010, 09:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok..... changed back to my old gtx275 sc..... now everything is fine... weird.... i ran furmark for 1 hour and nothing went wrong tho.... thanks everyone... i guess i will wait a while for 5800 series card to get stable... heard couple of issues regarding 5870