LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
not bad for a 15 year old?
your only 15 then that's pretty good for a computer at that age hell i have trouble remembering that age and i am not that old yet,the key word being yet. good luck with getting your i7 setup running.
Old April 11, 2010, 11:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

My friend had this problem a few weeks ago and we rma'd the following and still the same:
memory
motherboard
power supply

ended up being the CPU...
i guess they both show the same symptoms?
Old April 12, 2010, 06:29 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

did it happen with no cpu installed? without a cpu installed, the fans should still come on and stay on while the mobo beeps the life outa the buzzer. mine just turns on and off.
Old April 12, 2010, 08:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

That problem with a gigabyte board means a dead board. I have been using gigabyte exclusivly since 939 days pretty and have seen the exact same problem at least a dozen times now.The problem seems to be in the VRM circuitry,or at least that is what gigabyte told me was the probem when I had inquired about it. Solution - fire off an email or phone call to gigabyte and start the crummy RMA process.
Old April 12, 2010, 09:03 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

When you take the cpu out, take a very close look at the pins in the socket. if any are bent, that could be the issue. Also look for any black marks and such on the bottom of the cpu, or you might be going through this again with your new stuff.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
That problem with a gigabyte board means a dead board. I have been using gigabyte exclusivly since 939 days pretty and have seen the exact same problem at least a dozen times now.The problem seems to be in the VRM circuitry,or at least that is what gigabyte told me was the probem when I had inquired about it. Solution - fire off an email or phone call to gigabyte and start the crummy RMA process.
thanks for the info, good to hear from someone with plenty of experience :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
When you take the cpu out, take a very close look at the pins in the socket. if any are bent, that could be the issue. Also look for any black marks and such on the bottom of the cpu, or you might be going through this again with your new stuff.
none and none. it's the mobo 99.99% sure
Old April 12, 2010, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It seems like a corrupt bios to me, why cause I bricked my gigabyte board twice Its one of the older ones that does not have dual bios chips. Or it might be a saved overclocked settings thats screwing it up.

Since your in Toronto City, why not ask some of the forum members a small favor :)

Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Old April 13, 2010, 12:38 AM
Top Prospect

I had a similar issue with my ex58-ud5, it would start up barely make it to bios screen then restart, into constant loops. After tons, and tons of testing, it was ruled out the motherboard. I beleive it was a bios issue. Either way I sent my board back to directcanada, and got a new one and it's been rock solid ever since.