Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2010, 03:42 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

tried the 24 hour trick, didn't work. edit: seller has contacted me and says he won't be back until tuesday, getting a refund...
Old April 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
fair enough

dude still hasn't responded to my pm, 3 hours left...
funny thing is i dont remember the seller mentioning the problem but for that price i didnt complain much :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
tried the 24 hour trick, didn't work. edit: seller has contacted me and says he won't be back until tuesday, getting a refund...

good. did he have issues as well with it?
Old April 11, 2010, 03:55 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

he said it came back from an rma, it passed POST and he sent it off to me. He's a reputable guy around here, so I trusted that it worked..
Old April 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

crap that sucks oh well at least it worked out kinda for ya you got a refund but you still gotta wait for a machine.
Old April 11, 2010, 04:35 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

yea the problem is that I had my budget worked out just about perfectly so at the end my bank acc would read less than $5.. it's gonna cost me a lot more to get a similiar mobo from retail. I don't think anyone has a x58 for sale in my price range($160 shipped) =\
Old April 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sometimes new is better than used. No need to worry how the previous owner(s) took care of it.
Old April 11, 2010, 05:36 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

yea I know, I always keep that in mind, but I just can't justify paying full price for hardware that's a year old and has much lower street prices... take the hr-03 gt for example, I wasn't going to spend $50 buying it from ncix lol ;)

anyways I've just confirmed 100% that this mobo is doa... according to this thread, the fans should spin up and stay spinning even if there is no cpu. I've tried the mobo naked without a cpu, and the fans continue to turn on and off. The only reason for this that I can think of is a possible flexing in shipping; when installing this in my haf 922 I felt that bottom right corner was flexed up, so the screw had to 'hold it down'. maybe the flexing screwed up the pcb? A year ago when I just got into the whole building thing, I was building my first rig and used the wrong screws so the mobo riser came out underneath the mobo (m4a78 pro, top left screw) and the mobo still worked perfectly even while flexed and after return to original form, gotta love asus stuff.

Taking my chances with a ex58 extreme if I can negotiate a deal (it's the only good looking mobo even close to my budget, still $75 over my budget of $150 though). From the front it looks a lot better, but it's actually worse because it has push-pins on the NB instead of the backplate on the ud5. I also have to install the hybrid thingy, which can possibly pull on the NB if my case isn't aligned perfectly with it. Kinda sucks for me, oh well :(
Old April 11, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup sounds like the grounding layer is screwed up. makes sense to me.
Old April 11, 2010, 05:49 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
yup sounds like the grounding layer is screwed up. makes sense to me.
not bad for a 15 year old?
Old April 11, 2010, 06:23 PM
Banned
F@H

out of curiosity, if you were to look at it with a magnifier...maybe you may or not spot anythign interesting? i know these things(cracks or whatever) can me so small that youll need more magnification than that...:)