Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Computer to Component connection (HDTV) issue

I recently picked up for a few bucks a vga to component adapter cable since dvi is digital and vga is analog.

What i want to do is connect my htpc to an older HDTV that does not have hdmi or direct vga connections on it. It has hd connection (aka component of rgb) and i'm trying to figure out with the nvidia drivers to force the 'analog' vga to component adapter to output as ycbcr (since i read thats what hdtv's use instead of the computers rgb) however i've had no luck so far.

Anyone know what i could do? I'd like to avoid buying those 50-60$+ adapter boxes that actually work and would like to try to find a work around fiddling with drivers/nvidia control panel/windows display
Old March 22, 2010, 12:29 AM
HaDeS

I couldnt get it to work either... I don't know enough about HDTV connections short of saying you need the adapter or even a dvd player with extra inputs that supports those OLD HDTV's. You will need that adapter. I know exactly the ycbcr rca ports your talking about... i tried to run my xbox through them for the high def but all i got was a screwed up signal.
Old March 22, 2010, 05:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

By the looks of it you can only do this with ATI not nVidia gpus, makes me a sad panda