Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2010, 01:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Odd Driver Issue

I have a custom sega genesis db9 to usb adapter that works in my main pc which is running windows 7 professional. The drivers install without a hitch, the problem is when i plug it into any of the usb ports on my sega genesis windows 7 professional pc it says unknown driver and will not install it properly (all it has to do is snag it off of microsoft and it will work). Now what the hell is going on and how can i copy over the driver from my pc to the sega one to force it to work or is there something else afoot here?
Old March 4, 2010, 11:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No one knows how i can fix this baring attempting a reinstall of win 7 on the machine having difficulty installing drivers for the adapter?
Old March 5, 2010, 09:56 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Can you try manually selecting the driver for that piece of hardware? If you know where the INF file is, go into Device Manager, find the unknown device, perform a manual driver install, and select that INF.

Also, are you running 32-bit on one machine and 64-bit on the other, or are both running the same version?
Old March 5, 2010, 10:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Like Zero said you can try a manual install (specify where the .inf file is)
Old March 5, 2010, 10:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They are both running 64Bit, the same version of windows too (different keys), professional. I haven't a clue where the inf file is since when you plug it into any system its suppose to have windows automatically detect it, search its database of drivers (on and offline) and then install the correct one.
Old March 5, 2010, 10:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Go to the PC you currently have it installed to, device properties->drivers details it should tell you where it's installed.
Old March 5, 2010, 10:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, no where to be found the location