Motherboard - ASUS P4S533-X Rev. 1.01
- Socket 478
- Memory Type PC2700 333Mhz
- FSB 533Mhz
- AGP 4X
Memory - 1 Stick of PC2700 512mb SpecTEK
Power Supply - Thame Star Switching Power Supply ATX 400
Hard Drive - MAXTOR Diamond Max Plus 9 3.5"
- 80Gb ATA/133 HDD
Modem Card PCI - PCtel PCT789T-C
- 9943 a008
Sound Card PCI - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
- Model SB0570
GPU- Abit Siluro GF4 MX-SE, (64 MB) AGP
The System is recieving power, all fans spin, CD drive spins, HD spins, but usually I get no video at all, I can never get into windows and I can only see the ASUS post screen and get into the CMOS once in about every 10 hard power downs.
Once I get into the CMOS it says that Due to an incorrect CPU frequency your system has started at 64Mb, please select correct frequency. I then proceed to select 133/33 external CPU Frequency and this multiplyed by 20 (CPU multiplyer) gives me 2.66Mhz.
But when I save to Cmos and exit I get no video again for about 10 restarts and then I get the same message.
What I have Tried.
1. reseating video card, cpu and heatsink, fresh application of TIM
2. Loading Cmos defaults, resetting the cmos with the jumper and removing the cmos battery
3. Formatted the HD and tried to boot from Windows XP 32bit CD for afresh install but can not get past cmos setup screen
What I think
- Bad PSU
- Have not tried flashing a new bios becuase do not have any floppy's
Last edited by AdoP; February 26, 2010 at 01:28 PM.