Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2010, 01:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The stored CMOS information can get corrupted, or the settings they used to test the board won't boot with your parts, and needs to be cleared.

Power off the PSU, and try the clear CMOS button.

If this doesn't work, disconnect everything except GPU and CPU fan, and try booting with 1 ram stick only. If it still doesn't work, pull the mobo out and boot outside of the case on a cardboard box.

EDIT: you might want to post your location, you can probably find someone local to you to give you a hand.
Old February 22, 2010, 02:04 PM
Banned
F@H

from what I see of your cabling your EPS 12 volts is not plug to the motherboard, and if it's you who install this cooler , I will bring the PC ASAP to a qualify technicien
Old February 22, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

reset cmos and start form scratch but it would help if you new someone with some experience with these kinda things. good luck and ya i don't see your 12v cpu power maybe make a video of the inside and leave the side panel off when you power it up might help
Old February 22, 2010, 02:23 PM
shaw

Flippin' the PSU switch does not allow any fans connected to the PSU molex to start; this is not normal at all.
The GPU fan kickin' in is normal, until the BIOS is done loading.

If I were you:

remove everything from the case. Drop the board on its cardboard box with the following:

CPU and HSF properly installed and connected to the CPU Fan Header.
1 stick of ram in the slot closest to the CPU.
Make sure the 24 pin and the 4 pin board connectors are properly seated. The 24 pin location is quite obvious, the 4 pins (could be 8 also, depending on the board) is located above left of the CPU socket.
GPU and the PSU cables required for the GPU.
Search in the motherboard manual for CMOS Reset and perform as described.

Connect the monitor cable and the keyboard. No need to connect the HDD and DVD yet.
Start the computer using the onboard Start button.

Last edited by shaw; February 22, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old February 22, 2010, 02:36 PM
Banned
F@H

look at his cabling we see all is cable except the EPS 12 VOLTS to the CPU ........ this is the problem
Old February 22, 2010, 02:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post

look at his cabling we see all is cable except the EPS 12 VOLTS to the CPU ........ this is the problem
Good eyes Mark, I couldn't see that and I was looking at his pics. That's usually the #1 thing I miss when I'm assembling a machine and it won't POST.
Old February 22, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

The cable COULD be hidden beside the CPU fan but we can't see it passing from the PSU, I think mark haev put the finger on the trouble. keep us on date;)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
MVP

Quote:

The EPS 12 volt to CPU is the 2X4 pin connectors seen here right? They have been connected the whole time:
Attached Images

Old February 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
The EPS 12 volt to CPU is the 2X4 pin connectors seen here right? They have been connected the whole time:
Ah sorry OP you are right we can see the cable coming from the upper left cable holes. Personally for your problem if resetting bios is not doing the job I would tell a DOA mobo, the power leak before power on are not normal.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 22, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1 pull everything out of the case
2 setup on the box with only 1 stick of ram and make sure it's in what every slot the manual says to have it in and make sure the gpu is in the main pci-e slot
3 reset cmos
4 try to boot well press what every key it is to enter your bios.
jmo as always give it a shot and see what the hell is up