Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
this is why things like watercooling scare me..

horror stories!
No pain no gain

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old February 7, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeival View Post
This thread turned out to way less interesting than I thought.
Would it help if I said I was bitten by a monkey once?

BranHanna: Yeah, watercooling can be a PITA if you're a constant upgrader like me. Each time you tear down the loop, you risk more headaches. I have the added complication of a honking TEC cooler on my loop now too that's not making things any easier.
Old February 7, 2010, 08:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I wont buy anything from swiftech again after my incident with a GTZ block. Bought it brand new (1156 was still very new) and wanted proper mounting brackets for 1156. Swiftech had them, but of course wouldnt give me one for free, wouldnt sell me one because im canadian, and apparently only sent 3 worldwide. Aside from the pump and resevoir im using, ive found it all to be substandard overpriced crap.

After reading this thread the idea of throwing a full coverage block on my 5870 is making reconsider lol.
Old February 8, 2010, 10:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Dam sorry to hear that Babrbarossa. Meh Swiftech FC blocks are especially a no no for me. EK for FC all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Would it help if I said I was bitten by a monkey once?

BranHanna: Yeah, watercooling can be a PITA if you're a constant upgrader like me. Each time you tear down the loop, you risk more headaches. I have the added complication of a honking TEC cooler on my loop now too that's not making things any easier.
Koolance Quick disconnects! They will make your life 100 times easier. You, like me upgrade very often and even thou they cut flow, they are worth it.