Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2010, 11:13 PM
Top Prospect

well, it didn't work. it just stays at "Installing Devices". I think the source of the problem is either the CPU or the Motherboard. Probably the CPU is fried which is causing it to overheat. unfortunately, thats something i dont have a replacement for. Does anyone know of some diagnostic that can run in boot for the CPU? If it was simply a matter of the sensor being wrong, i wouldnt have all the problems with formatting and corrupt files. Ram appears to be fine. Still open to suggestions but i think ive done all i can do. Thanks for all the help.

Corsair HX1000W PSU

WD 1TB Black Cavair

Gigabyte UD-5 MoBo

Corasair 1600Mhz 6GB RAM

eVGA GTX 275
Thermalright Ultra 120
Window 7 Premium 64-bit

Samsung 275T Plus
Old January 30, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbzilla View Post
Probably the CPU is fried which is causing it to overheat. unfortunately, thats something i dont have a replacement for. Does anyone know of some diagnostic that can run in boot for the CPU?
Ultimate boot CD has a CPU burn test for single core CPUs (which it appears that's what you're dealing with).
Ultimate Boot CD - Overview
If you burn yourself a UBCD from above, there are also hard drive tests in there that you can run. (Each HDD manufacturer has their own test program, just because they can)