Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2010, 09:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
Sorry to ask again Akg, but do you know how the fans you suggested compare to the stock fan on the Vendetta II in terms of noise(I find the stock fan to be quiet). (I have been looking at the Scythe F or G for a while, but I don't want to increase the noise (if possible). Also, what sort of improvement would these fans yield ?
I bought 3 Scythe SFF21G models (1900rpm) for my rad last week. They howl at full speed. Dead quiet at 7v. If you use a PWM controller or fan profile on your mobo, it wouldn't be too bad if you're not at full load all the time. I'll be trying some F models next.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:51 PM
Rookie

Smile FIXED

Hey there,

Just wanted to let everyone know I fixed my issue. I remounted the vendetta 2 with a bit more thermal grease and its now running nice and cool.

26 Degrees idle and tops out at 47 degress while running prime95 max pwr and heat.

I think Im ready to OC now that I got the stock speeds settled.
Old January 27, 2010, 03:04 PM
Rookie

Talking OC to 3.6

So I just OC my e8400 to 3.6ghz... I now not a big deal for this chip but with the problems I was having with heat this is big for me.

Now I idle at 30 degrees and with full power/heat test in prime95 Im topping out at 58 degrees on 1 core and 60 degrees on the other.

Old January 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspot View Post
So I just OC my e8400 to 3.6ghz... I now not a big deal for this chip but with the problems I was having with heat this is big for me.

Now I idle at 30 degrees and with full power/heat test in prime95 Im topping out at 58 degrees on 1 core and 60 degrees on the other.

Thats well within Reason, for temperatures. You have a big margin still before you hit your thermal limit on that chip. The E8400's are good, and can take it.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 27, 2010, 10:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Thats well within Reason, for temperatures. You have a big margin still before you hit your thermal limit on that chip. The E8400's are good, and can take it.

ST

What is the thermal limit approx, I was thinking of now going up to 4.0ghz but I know thats going to jump the temp since I will have to raise the voltage.