Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
Rookie

Default Crosshair "possible" problem

Hey boyz and galz, well, I finaly built my own CPU, I got the crosshair goin' on, the 4GB RAMS here and there....

My 8800GTX is finaly coming by Purolator tomorrow (after losing it, and putting it in the wrong truck). I built everything using the peices I have now all I need is that GTX. I booted up the computer to find out if it's a success or not. Well, IT WORKED! All the LEDs and all the fans were going. I check the back LED of the motherboard, and it says "CMOS err"

Now, what doest that mean? Is it cause I don't have a GPU plugged in yet? I've tried reading other posts on the web about the subject, and no one seems to have an answer except "Reset the CMOS, and/or pull the pins" even when these people did it still didn't work, so I'm not going to go and do it.

WOndering what you guys thought about it.
Old October 3, 2007, 06:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Wait for the video card. You need a video adapter to complete POST to my knowledge.
Old October 3, 2007, 06:58 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

If you have any PCI video card available, slap it in and start your rig up. Then you'll know. Once you receive your 8800, swap them.

John