Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   3DMark + Win 7??? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/27363-3dmark-win-7-a.html)

martin_metal_88 January 3, 2010 07:06 PM

3DMark + Win 7???

Hey guys, have any of you fellow overclockers already heard about problem with any version of 3Dmark ( 06 + vantage ) in windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit? I can install it everything is fine install as admin or not. But when I tend to open the software I get a error message. 3DMark has stopped working and blablabla you know the windows error message that offer you to search online. I have tried Hotfix, install it somewhere else and many other thing but can't get one of those to work. If you have any tips please tell me my friend!

Varroa January 4, 2010 07:34 AM

Works fine in Win7 64bit Pro for me.

Dr_BenD_over January 4, 2010 07:43 AM

Vantage ran fine on Win7 X64 Pro, I haven't ran '06 on this machine yet.

MarkOne January 4, 2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 311717)
Hey guys, have any of you fellow overclockers already heard about problem with any version of 3Dmark ( 06 + vantage ) in windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit?....

first my Stalker and now your 3Dmark :bleh: ...... now you start to get the feel ,why I have an extra PC on 32 bits and the other with XP I will give a try tonight on my x64 , my so jerk , bad design, cheap parts Asus , and "As Is" support , came with a 3dmark :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good thing I install my x64 on a Gigabyte...... wait a minute.... your problem is also on a Gigabyte,,

martin_metal_88 January 4, 2010 07:55 AM

No link with the board, friend got the same issue with a MSI and I have found few people on the internet having the same issue on asus evga dfi and any type of mobo. Only common thing...windows 7

MarkOne January 4, 2010 07:59 AM

I know i just kidding you, my Stalker was running well on the same Gigabyte board, with Home premium x64, I change to Pro, just to gain access to my domain server and use the Virtual XP, because one of my engineering software don't even install on x64

Dr_BenD_over January 4, 2010 08:02 AM

It's not the OpenAL error is it, if so goto:

Downloads and download oainst.zip and install that

Also make sure you have installed DX9 for '06

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

Futuremark had an updated release of Vantage for Win7, this should be 3dmark_vantage_v101_0906a.exe, some of their mirrors might still have the old one up.

MarkOne January 4, 2010 08:07 AM

Doc. that's my problem this direct x install from this microsoft link don't even install on my 7 pro , they list it to work with windows 7, no mention of x64, and they make a long list of different vista it's working on

martin_metal_88 January 4, 2010 08:09 AM

Well 3Dmark display no error code or anything. It just stop working and need to close. I will take a look later at the vrsion I have to see if I have the fixed one.

Dr_BenD_over January 4, 2010 09:00 AM

I got it to work somehow (and of course I can't remember). Try installing a DX9 game and/or disabling UAC.

It's possible I used this to install it:

Download details: DirectX Redist (August 2009)