Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 24, 2009, 11:21 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default weird problems

Just set my computer back up today after draining the loop and leaving it apart for 2 weeks, anyway when I booted it up the display driver (bfg gx2) wasnt working so I had to reinstall, then whenever I shut it down the screen would go black but my computer wouldn't stio running. On bootup it wouldn't post unless I cleared cmos and now for some reason my games are messed up. I can't switch classes in tf2 whever I press the , it just flashes up class selection. Same thing happens in left 4 dead 2 just worse. What could be causing these problems? (I also got a new monitor if that could be doing it I went from 4:3 to 16:10
Old December 24, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

run nvidia driver cleaner and get inf for moniter should be fine after that using 180 drivers for the new 195 drivers are borked.
Old December 24, 2009, 01:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok it seems to boot fine now donno how I fixed, the games still are weird tho. Could it be because of theresolution switch? I don't see how that would mess up the keyboard controls though
Old December 24, 2009, 03:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalieman077 View Post
Ok it seems to boot fine now donno how I fixed, the games still are weird tho. Could it be because of theresolution switch? I don't see how that would mess up the keyboard controls though
run dxdiag, check drivers for hardware other then video

question does the new moniter USB compatible, if so this changed the irq's on current hardware and messing the rest up