Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2007, 12:43 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Ncix or Direct canada?

NCIX or Direct Canada? Which store is better to buy from? I am looking to purchase 3 items for myself from either retailer. First is an Asus X1950 pro P-CIE, Second is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro AM2, Third is an Silverstone Element ST50EF-Plus. Can anyone give me some insight on who would be better to order from? Thanks
Old January 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's a tough question-- both are veery good vendors and both have slightly different strengths. Here's what I find good about each

NCIX:
-good SALES, check thier weekly sales prices, you can't beat them anywhere
-excellent customer service
-good support via the forums full of little unemployed helper elves they feed with incentives like reward points. Some very knowledgable and helpful sycophants there.
-Good selection, and good specs and reviews on their products so you know what you're getting.

Direct Canada
-Their every day prices are the cheapest anywhere in general-- they don't have many super sales, but any day of the week, on any item, you can count on getting the bottom dollar.
-Fast and cheap delivery-- this is the key for me-- I love the cheap/free shipping deals they have- get's to my door in rural NB within two days.
-Good customer service.
-neat little notepads and stuff with delivery, hehe.
-good selection, although maybe slightly less than NCIX

Last edited by Babrbarossa; January 30, 2007 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spp
Old January 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree both are very good online stores.
IMHO the 2 best in canada.
NCIX pricematches
DC has a much better forum............................ your posting in it:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Really? I knew they were a sponsor, but I thought NCIX was as well- is this the 'official' Direct Canada forum? Does that make us 'official" direct canada sycophants? boo-yeah!
Old January 29, 2007, 11:36 PM
Misoprostol

Yes, we are all directcanada sycophants :D
Old January 30, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've asked this before, but without reply- Is there some affiliation between the two companies?

Also-- if people from direct canada read this, I'd like to make a suggestion-- I'm not sure what's involved with this, but the D.C. website needs to pop up on more google searches. You have to be very lucky just to stumble across it on a search, while NCIX seems to arrive at the top of the list whenever you type in the name of any component. I wish that I knew about D.C. long ago, but It really isn't very easy to find by accident.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; January 30, 2007 at 06:33 AM.
Old January 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
Misoprostol

Direct Canada is actually really new. It's only a month old and a bit. You actually found it very fast.

And regarding the google searches, that's actually a problem I've noticed with THIS site. Even when I googled the exact title of a thread I'd created I couldn't find this site on the first 10 pages of google. Even searching for "hardware canucks" doesn't bring it up!!
Old January 30, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Direct Canada is actually really new. It's only a month old and a bit. You actually found it very fast.

And regarding the google searches, that's actually a problem I've noticed with THIS site. Even when I googled the exact title of a thread I'd created I couldn't find this site on the first 10 pages of google. Even searching for "hardware canucks" doesn't bring it up!!
Yup just did a search for supergrover and Nada, the rest of my sites comes up no prob went through 12 pages without a HCF reference before I said **** it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You gotta pay the big bucks to get listed quickly on google nowadays.... :(

I really miss the old days when you could do a search and not have to wade through 5 pages of "paid" sites before you get to non-comercial sites.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 24, 2007, 05:57 AM
Top Prospect

I thought they were essentially the same company.

The Reason: I canceled a Direct Canada order once because my boss said I could use the company credit card (and I dont pay GST if I use it ) and the e-mail that was sent to confirm the cancellation was sent from someone@ncix.com (I cant remember the exact name)

So I just figured NCIX set up another "division" or website to snag the customers that weren't shopping at NCIX - or had a bad experience with NCIX, or for some reason no longer wanted to do business with NCIX.

I see that NCIX has a store at #1063-8300 Capstan Way and Direct Canadas address is 155-13900 Maycrest Way, both stores in Richmond. Is there a tunnel connecting the two addresses?

Any ideas on why I would recieve a confirmation of cancellation of an order made to Direct Canada from an e-mail ending in ncix.com?

I'm just curious - I have no intention of shopping online anywhere else! Direct Canada is super FAST. I ordered my 3 sata drives a few months ago at 2:30pm Thursday afternoon, and I received them before noon THE NEXT DAY here in Ontario - less than 24hours AND free shipping! And because its out of province for me, theres no PST (and if I use the boss's credit card no GST either!!!) Its just a win, win, win situation!!!
i7-860 @ 4.2Ghz (1.33v) EVGA P55 FTW SLI (E657-A51 Bios) Thermalright ULTRA-120 Trueblack Rev.C G.Skill Ripjaws 4G DDR3-2000 Antec 850W TPQ 2xBFG GTX280 1G SLI Acer X263W 25.5" LCD Crucial C4 256G WD FAEX 1TB LG DVDRAM GH20NS10 Thermaltake Kandalf case Windows 7 Pro x64

E8400 @ 3.96Ghz (1.42v) EVGA 780i A1 (P08) ZalmanCNPS9700NT G.Skill 4G DDR2-1000 eVGA GTX280SC 1G Windows 7 Pro x64 1xSeagate Barracuda 7200.11 500G