Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
HaDeS

The vid card is trying to protect itself. You need to do some research on that card using google and re-seat the cooling. Anything over 90c on a vid card can force the computer to shut down... in fact I'm not sure that card would get over 90c with 25 percent fan. Did you buy the vid cards used? Did you flash the bios on the vid card to run out of spec? The other thing that can cause a computer to act flakey is a failing HDD.

So you need eliminate possible causes. Unplug all hdds except the OS drive. Remove all ram except one. Run on the good video card and then on the bad vid card. You wanna try to get your computer stable and then recreate the problem buy introducing hardware. Don't the 4870's have a vreg heat issue?
Old December 19, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He is using 2X4850 but I never heard about a heat issue. Only a cooler that is not that good but temp are ok. It`s really wierd that this card get to this temp. Maybe a stock sensor???

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||