Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2009, 01:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Do you register an RMA product?

So I RMA'd my XFX 780i motherboard (twice actually) and got a working one now. My question is do I register my board I just got from RMA or are you only allowed one RMA even though XFX does have a lifetime warranty?
Old November 23, 2009, 01:42 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Of course you register the board. If it craps out again, the warranty stands. I just did it for a XFX GTX260.
Old November 23, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default FFFFFYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIII

FYI
XFXS RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD REFLECTED BELOW. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
How does state law apply?
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or jurisdiction to jurisdiction).
How long does this limited warranty last?
MOTHERBOARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Motherboards lasts for a time period of two years.
GRAPHICS CARDS: The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards lasts for a time period of one year. If you register the product online at Hardware Canucks - The Latest Computer Hardware News and Reviews within 30 days of purchase, your limited warranty will be extended for the duration of your life. Registration within 30 days of the date of purchase is a condition precedent to receiving the lifetime warranty.
The limited hardware warranty on all XFX-branded products begins on the date of the packing slip, invoice, or receipt. The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. XFX may change the availability of limited hardware warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.

Last edited by KaptCrunch; November 23, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old November 24, 2009, 11:30 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Of course you register the board. If it craps out again, the warranty stands. I just did it for a XFX GTX260.
Thanks for the confirmation John. Just wanted to make sure since it was my first RMA.
Old November 24, 2009, 02:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Should of bought an Intel chipset

I think sometimes the RMA'd item gets pre-registered to you. I think that's how my EVGA RMA was at least. Pretty sure that's how the XBOX360s work too.
Old November 24, 2009, 02:58 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, it is indeed the case with Evga.