Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2009, 05:41 PM
Rookie

Default Another bios problem MSI 770-C45

I got this bad checksum error with a new MSI 770-C45 on Sept 30th, bios suggested me to flash bios using M-Flash, did that and the bios died. Sent in back for RMA OCT 1st, got it back last Monday, installed the board tonight and bios version was 1.3 since I am using a Phenom II X2 545 and MSI website said it need bios 1.4 so I flashed it and after the message system will reboot in 5 seonds...and it did shut down and that's it....I tried to turn it back on, it doesn't beep, no boot up, just fan turning on.

What luck...what to do now...rma again or get another board...I am looking at Asus M4A77TD Pro since it is in stock and I can get it 1st thing in the morning or wait another month for the RMA?

BTW, MSI didn't send me back a new board but my old board with a new bios chip, I can tell from the soldering work.
Old November 1, 2009, 05:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No Dual BIOS or BIOS reloaded Feature on that MB?
Clear CMOS and try again.

I know one of the most Important things to do when flashing a BIOS (at least for Giga) is once the flash is done, get into BIOS and Load Failsafe Defaults.
Let it boot.
Then restart and custom set your BIOS config however you prefer it.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
Rookie

Did clear cmos...I actually unplugged the power supply and set jumper to clear cmos for half an hour and still no go....just fan...no screen.....tried a debug card and the error code is 00, manual didn't say what that means for Award bios...so I suspect the bios died again.
Old November 1, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is there a problem with your power button? You never know!
Old November 2, 2009, 01:20 AM
Rookie

Well if a brand new Seasonic and Antec 300 fail or all the fans turned on including the cpu fan and it is the power button, I have nothing to say.

This is it, I am going to get a Gigabyte or Asus tomorrow and forget about this MSI, I had enough of it.