Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2009, 11:07 AM
Rookie

Default Zerotherm BTF90 fan direction

A quick question...

I have the air blowing in from the front of my case to the rear.

Installing this heatsink/cooler, I can easily orient it to put it in line with this airflow.
Problem is that nowhere in the instructions or on the fan (no little arrow), does it tell me what direction the fan is blowing.

Does anyone know if this model blows onto the fins or pulls off the fins? I don't want to install this and have to take it apart again!!

Thanks!

Edit: I juat saw in one review on Tigerdirect that the air blows through the fins... I think I will go with that.
Old October 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can confirm that; the fan takes in air from the front of the cooler and blows it through the fins. I just assumed that when I installed the cooler, and I guess my assumption was correct or else very strange things would be happing to the airflow within my case
Old October 25, 2009, 07:49 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the confirmation!

All is working well... for now