Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Auzentech Forte and Ventrilo, distortion only on my end

Since I got the Forte, I've had very random sound distortion occur that only comes through my headset, as people in Ventrilo tell me my mic sounds normal during the distortion. I am almost always running Ventrilo as I game a lot as well as sit in there and talk, and I believe that Ventrilo is causing the problem. I can run Ventrilo by itself forever and never get distortion, but usually get distortion only randomly after I finish doing something else while vent is open (along the lines of gaming, watching video, or listening to music. Things that would be heavily audio related).
Doing a Google search finds me people suggesting something to do with audio channels conflicting, and their suggestions are always "get a USB headset and set Ventrilo to use that and the game to use "whatever else". Now, I've got a Razer Carcharias headset, which uses 3.5mm jacks. No USB headset exists in this house, and no way I'm going to buy another expensive headset just to (test) fix this.
Hopefully somebody can help me as (surprisingly) Google has failed me. As well, this occurs on both my GA-X48-DS4 and my EX58-UD3R, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...