Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2007, 09:40 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamashinoch View Post
actually wiring was better than any case i've built prior. Prolly the modular PSU i got too helped with that. no big bundle of wires right up near the dvddrives. If anything the layout is better for cooling in my opinion. the air in the case is cooler on the bottom so the PSU isn't suckin' in hot air to cool itself. 2 120mm front intakes, 1 120mm side intake, a rear 120mm (don't remember what it is in or out) and 200mm exhaust at the top of the case. Don't think there's air issues...noise issues on the other hand.

the fan on the side sucks air into the case, directly on the top of the GPU card. Not sure if you can see it in the photo, but I relocated the second rapter drive I have to the upper cage. this basically leaves a nice wide open pocket for the air from the front fans to blow into the case. IT really is pretty "open" in there. I did recieve the second 8800, I did install it. I guess I'll live and learn and see what happens. I was able to play COD2 lastnight for 2hrs..... the GPU temps hit 60 degrees and 57 degrees respectively. The air coming from the PSU was warm but it really didn't seem any warmer than before. I dont leave the system on for hours and hours at a time. uuhhmmm what else.. oh ya.... the 3dmark score went from 12254 to 15005. Is 15005 and acceptable score running 2 of these cards with a mild OC over 3.38ghz?? Gpu's are not OC'd. Also, frame rate in the game went from approximatley 300-400 FPS to 500-600 map pending. Thats not looking at the sky or ground, thats eye level gameplay. But dont get me wrong it does dip up and down through out, so take it with a grain of salt. Also, thats with direct x7 on at 1680x1050. I dont need the eye candy on when playing online... sometimes I do just for fun. Does look nice though.

Worst case, (well not worst case) if I find somethings fishy I will remove the card and keep it until I upgrade to a bigger case, or just sell it to a buddy who is always over here trying to walk out the door with the system (nice friend eh?). So the next step is MoNITOR... I couldn't upgrade that first because we had just boughten this one.. I should say it was a gift, si Ill use this for the time being.... maybe I get the kids to play around the monitor alittle more (wink wink).

So once again I just wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts and input. I do appreciate all remarks and comments and hopefully I won't get a "told ya so" if something blows up . Heres a photo of the system all finshed for the time being...

thanks again guys for the help....

i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old August 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default sounds good

glad you got the case gulping the air in through the front. those gpu temps seem good given what other people have posted--also your 3dmark06 seems about right. whats your toher temps though?

My little brother has a q6700extreme and two stock GTXs and gets about 13500-14000 stock. just out of curiosity did you put the plastic tubing on yourself where the card plugsin??

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old August 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
MVP

yes I did put the plastic tubing on. the cables were all yellow and such and it looked god ugly...

"whats your toher temps " did you mean tower temps?? System temps 32 degrees....
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old August 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default nice move

i think ill have ago at that when a GTX finds its way into my case.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.