Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2009, 12:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Too bad you already bought the VRaptors. For what you spent you could get a single SSD with performance that would blow away the Raptor RAID-0 array and still have enough $$$ left over for at least a terabyte of storage.
Old September 1, 2009, 01:25 PM
Rookie

True Guys you all are right,

I am so stupid that I did not consult with all of you here :( anyway, I can not return it because it already passed the 30 days, so it is not possible that option, what I can do it is just to buy a SATA controller that accepts RAID and please advise me what to buy, I am planning again to go to best buy and I know that many of you will flame me, because best buy is not the cheapest way to buy or the smartest way to buy, but I don't have option right now and I have some rewards points that I need to spend there and well, what SATA controller do you recommend to run flawless the raid 0 and in my mobo to not have any conflicts, the easiest and the most reliable that you think that it will work in my mobo.

I am blessed to know people like you thanks Chilly, GingerBee, Mo Power and Tim Toronto to open my eyes and learn more about all of this :)
Old September 2, 2009, 01:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You will not go to best buy for a raid card! It appears you have already purchased the raptors.

I have used raid cards from this corp before. Here's a link. I'm sure there will be other links as well. Don't be afraid to ask...

Promise Technology, Inc. - Internet Product Section

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old September 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
Rookie

Man,
maybe there is a hack for the bios to support it. it is hacked to support SLI when from stock it does not, so maybe for the raid can be supported if someone makes it to work.
Old September 3, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If they went with a chipset that doesn't support raid, I wouldn't try to mess with it. You have the right idea, buy a dedicated raid card.

Old September 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
Rookie

thanks mo power :)
Old September 7, 2009, 08:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

You could short-stroke one of the vraptors down to about 60 gigs load o/s there, will perform quite well!!
Sell other vraptor and replace it with a 1-2 t-bite drive for storage and probably be up a little money.
Just read the specs on that system, italready came with a 1 tb drive. sell or return 1 of the vraptors you"ll be happy s-shorking the o/s drive. Raid cards are expensive.
I would try and find more about the sli flash to see if it really works before you bork the board

Last edited by howpet; September 7, 2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old September 8, 2009, 01:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some raid cards are not that expensive. If you're looking for a simple raid card to create a dual drive raid0, this would fit the bill.

NCIX.com - Buy Syba SD-SATA2-2E2I 4 Channel SATA II Controller Card with Optional RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD Function PCI - SD-SATA2-2E2I In Canada.