Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I believe that your raid mode settings are in "advanced"

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old September 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Mo Power,
GinberBee is right :( I called ASus tecnicall support and they told me that my asus desktop that I bought on best buy, they disabled the RAID or something like that for simplicity and I was what??????????????????????????????????? I am very dissapointed :( he told me that I could buy an extra card for that purposes.

Ginberbee, you were right man, sorry but I was very frustated and still I am very frustated :( any hints what a good sata card that supports raid should be my option? :(
Old September 1, 2009, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I believe that your raid mode settings are in "advanced"
No my man :(
I went to advanced and the same shit , I have Controller MODE
IDE / AHCI :( ooooooooooooooohhh well :(
Old September 1, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nope under main sata config for the main ahci controller and under advanced for the jimicron ( check the jmicron what is it set to ide,ahci or raid if there's a raid option there then you have raid on the jimicron controller if not? )
Old September 1, 2009, 11:20 AM
Rookie

Anyway, thanks for all your support and the good intention to help to a newbie / frustated guy who did not know that this system did not come with raid compatbility :(
Old September 1, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

f**kin sorry man they do this and i hate when they do this arrrghhh sorry just venting at best buy ( lowfat or jimbotoronto know a hell a lot more about raid cards then i do sorry and good luck )
Old September 1, 2009, 11:21 AM
Rookie

GinberBee,
I wrote already that you were right, I called ASUS technicall support and you were right, this model does not come with RAID support I will have to buy an extra card for that purposes :(
Old September 1, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry thought you might get lucky if the jmicron controller had raid
Old September 1, 2009, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, that's happens when you are a newbie and you are thinking that you are buying the right system, well at least a good sata card will fix my problem, now I don't know if this shit has space for that purposes, it has a huge video card and almost I can not put anything there.
Old September 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just got a look at the manual. You're missing "enhanced" on your bios main page for your sata setup. That sucks man. If you can return it, go for it and take a small loss if you have to and use your money to build a system that won't be half crippled. I wonder if they disabled your sli features as well.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)