Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried resetting to factory default? Acer laptops (well mine) has an option to reset to factory default settings.
Old September 4, 2009, 10:37 PM
Rookie

So perhaps I didnt edit the reistry correctly? Its possible since this is the first time Ive tried editing one. Heres what I did:

- Went to my Start menu > Run > Regedit

- went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001 > go to Control > Nls > languages

- double clicked the top and bottom entries on the list, and entered 0409 which left it saying 0409 in the "data" column.

I then downloaded the english version of service pack 3 and got the previously mentioned error message. Does it sound like I did it correctly or did I miss something?

Thanks again for your reply King.

Geokilla - I believe thats what I did when I hit alt + F10, because it wipes everything and re-applies the factory image. Where is your option to restore to factory settings? Would that be in windows, bios, or... ? Thanks for the suggestion.

16GB Mushkin 1333 DDR3
EVGA 2GB GTX 560
OCZ GameXtreme 700w
120 GB Corsair SSD
2 TB WD Caviar Green
WD Raptor 10k 150g
Old September 4, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try calling Acer and see what they say. If I'm correct, I believe you can download an Acer program to restore it back to factory default settings.
Old September 4, 2009, 11:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelzubub View Post
So perhaps I didnt edit the reistry correctly? Its possible since this is the first time Ive tried editing one. Heres what I did:

- Went to my Start menu > Run > Regedit

- went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001 > go to Control > Nls > languages

- double clicked the top and bottom entries on the list, and entered 0409 which left it saying 0409 in the "data" column.

I then downloaded the english version of service pack 3 and got the previously mentioned error message. Does it sound like I did it correctly or did I miss something?

Thanks again for your reply King.

Geokilla - I believe thats what I did when I hit alt + F10, because it wipes everything and re-applies the factory image. Where is your option to restore to factory settings? Would that be in windows, bios, or... ? Thanks for the suggestion.

After editing the registry you would then have to uninstall French sp3. Reboot then install English SP3. If you edited the registry entries correctly XP won't complain about the language.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z77
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z (1866MhZ CAS9)
NZXT Kraken X60 CPU Cooler
2x Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD (RAID 0)
Seagate 7200.12 500gig HD
Galaxy GTX660Ti 3GB
LG DVDR
NZXT Phantom 630 Case
Antec TruPower New 750W Power Supply
Old September 5, 2009, 09:46 AM
Rookie

Service Pack 3 doesnt showup on my add/remove programs list on the netbook. Its on my list on my PC (the comp in my sig) so I know what the icon looks like and where it should be on the list. It doesnt come up when I check the show updates box. Is there another way to uninstall it my noobness doesnt know about?

Im not an expert by any means, but since the netbook image comes with sp3 and thats all its ever known maybe I cant uninstall it? Ive had my pc since before sp2 came out so Ive downloaded and installed sp2 and sp3 and installed them myself so they show up on the list. I could be wrong, Im not sure.
16GB Mushkin 1333 DDR3
EVGA 2GB GTX 560
OCZ GameXtreme 700w
120 GB Corsair SSD
2 TB WD Caviar Green
WD Raptor 10k 150g